Shaping best practice then passing it on…
The link between sexual abuse as a child and its impact on adult mental health and life outcomes is now widely known, and the number of survivors reporting such abuse is growing.
At Visible, we help organisations grow their awareness of this issue, then deal with it more appropriately and effectively so they can deliver best practice. As well as working at a strategic and policy level, we also help frontline organisations with vital resources and toolkits, each one shaped by our work with survivors themselves
Local and Regional Resources
- MindWell mental health website – MindWell is the mental health website for people in Leeds funded locally by the NHS.
- MindWell child sexual abuse webpage – Essential information webpage for everyone about CSA developed by survivors. It includes basic awareness, self-help, national and local support services and helplines.
- Mental Health Statements I Statement with Child Sexual Abuse Survivor Views
- State of Women’s Health in Leeds report – Leeds City Council (2019)
- Leeds in Mind Mental Health Needs Assessment – Executive Summary. Leeds City Council (2017)
- One minute guide Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) – Leeds City Council
- Strategic direction for sexual assault and abuse services – NHS England (2018)
- Responding to Sexual Violence in Highland – NHS Highland (2018)
- TST National Service Standards – The Survivors Trust (2019)
- The Women’s Mental Health Taskforce Final Report – UK Department of Health & Social Care (2018)
- A briefing for commissioners – What survivors of violence and abuse say about mental health services – Responding effectively to violence and abuse – REVA project (2015)
- A briefing for service providers & commissioners – Measuring outcomes for survivors of violence and abuse – Responding effectively to violence and abuse – REVA project (2015)
- Mainstreaming Gender and Women’s Mental Health Implementation Guidance – UK Department of Health (2013)
- Supporting Adult Survivor of Child Sexual Abuse – NHS Highland & The Highland Council Policy (2010)
- Trauma-informed Events Checklist and Policy & Protocol – Mental Health Coordinating Council Australia
- Trauma Informed Care project – NHS Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys
- Trauma-informed Care and Practice Organisational Toolkit (TICPOT) – Mental Health Coordinating Council Australia
- Becoming Trauma Informed Toolkit For Women’s Community Service – One Small Thing Initiative (2016)
- Care during the perinatal period for women who are victims of sexual abuse. Guidance for professionals – Healthcare Improvement Scotland (2011)